Bosch IDS Premium 3 ton Family of Inverter Ducted Split Heat Pumps (BOVA20)
The Bosch Inverter Ducted Split air conditioning system provides energy efficient comfort by adjusting compressor capacity rather than a simple on/off control like other units, thereby reducing operating costs and saving you money. With enhanced humidity control and higher efficiency, the performance of the IDS 2.0 system provides you with maximum comfort with minimum energy usage! The HVAC system’s intelligent features work in tandem with your thermostat to automatically adjust to your preferences, while integrated sound-dampening features keep the units nice and quiet for your peace of mind.
Key Features of the Ducted Heat Pump
- Premium high efficiency – Up to 20.5 SEER heat pump central air equipment and 10.5 HSPF rating (15 SEER, 18 SEER, 20 SEER options)
- 10-speed ECM outdoor blower for whisper quiet and efficient operation – as low as 56 dBA
- Two-stage x13 ECM blower for enhanced humidity control
- Easy to install – compatible with most standard 24 VAC heat pump thermostats
- 10-year Residential Limited Warranty
- All AHRI certified BOVA2.0 + BVA2.0 combinations meet the requirements for ENERGY STAR
- There are 2 and 3 ton ENERGY STAR rated systems available when paired with Bosch 96% Furnaces or air handlers
- Aluminum evaporator coil for superior corrosion resistance
- Compatible with the Bosch Connected Control (BCC) Thermostat family*
Consistent Room Temperature
Conventional heat pumps frequently cycle on and off, resulting in uncomfortable temperature fluctuations. The IDS 2.0 inverter-driven furnace ac combo is able to self-adjust,
providing consistent room temperature, even when the outdoor temperature dips to -40°C.
Residential Limited Warranty
With the residential limited warranty, you receive peace of mind knowing you will receive replacement parts protection for up to 10 years. This standard offering covers all components incorporated into the heat pump system at the time of manufacture. All other components or parts that are purchased from Bosch and installed in the field have a 1-year parts warranty.
Energy Use is Even and Steady
The frequent on and off of traditional units creates an in-rush current surge which uses more energy and causes unneeded wear and tear on your system. The Bosch inverter system smoothly ramps up operation, avoiding spikes in energy use and protecting the system’s life cycle.
The system will adjust the output capacity to match your ideal temperature requirements. Also, with a two-speed AHU fan control, the system delivers enhanced humidity control.
It takes traditional systems a long time to reach the homeowner’s desired temperature, while the boosted compressor speed of inverter systems allows for quicker, smoother, and more efficient heating and cooling.
Quiet Comfort Achieved
The Bosch Inverter Ducted Split system is one of the quietest air-to-air heat pumps on the market. Through the use of silent blade technology, sound-isolating mounts, and the placement on of the outdoor condensing units, the Bosch AC condenser can operate at sound levels as low as 56 dBA, which is far superior to any standard system on the market.
Consume Only the Energy You Need
Modulating inverter systems deliver only the amount of hot or cool air needed to achieve the desired temperature – no more, no less. With up to 20.5 SEER and 10.5 HSPF, the Inverter Ducted Split system can provide you with maximum comfort levels at a minimum cost.
Bosch Central Air Equipment Product Specifications
Bosch IDS 2.0 review
Approved by Mike Holmes